Winter Carpet Stain Removal
Winter Carpet Stain Removal: Winters aren’t just tough on the outside of your home, they can also be challenging to the inside as you and your family track snow, dirt and salt inside; all of which can potentially stain and damage your carpet. Let’s go over a few tips to help combat these and give your the winter carpet stain removal power you will need!
Vacuum and Spot Clean More Often
You probably have already noticed that your cleaning schedule needs to get bumped up a little in the winter. Salt, dirt, and even slushy stains require you to be more diligent. As you notice more mess coming in, make sure you clean it up before it becomes a bigger problem. Vacuuming dirt away will guard against ground-in stains, and regular spot-cleaning will keep stains from setting in.
Protect your Carpet from Future Stains
- Keep your walkway free of snow and slush by shoveling, snow blowing or hiring a snow-removal service.
- Avoid the dirty snow all together if you can by parking and entering your house through a garage.
- Set up a shoe rack at your front door and ask that family members and guests remove their shoes at the door
- Invest in two welcome mats–one to stomp on outside and remove as much snow as possible and one inside to stand on while removing shoes.
- Use runners or winter rugs along heavily trafficked hallways and rooms.
- Put a pen around your pet door so pets can come inside, but can’t leave a rug-covered area until you get the chance to wipe their paws.
Call in the Pro’s
Chem-Dry’s mission is helping people live healthy lives, which starts with clean carpets and a healthy home. Our proprietary hot carbonating extraction cleaning process penetrates deep into the fibers, removing an average of 98% of common household allergens from carpets and upholstery and 89% of the airborne bacteria in your home when a sanitizer is added.* Plus, our green-certified solution, The Natural®, contains no soaps or detergents so it’s safe and non-toxic for your family & pets. And, Chem-Dry uses 80% less water than typical steam cleaning so carpets dry in hours instead of days, making it the safer and more convenient carpet cleaning choice. All of this means Chem-Dry cleans for your health like no one else.
Click Here to get your FREE ESTIMATE today!